This is a family favorite and is a great way to cook salmon in a Traeger pellet grill. Lots of fun flavors.
Salmon fillets (enough for 5-6 people). I usually use one large farm-raised salmon fillet from Costco.
One six ounce package baby spinach
3 T basil pesto
2 T sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
2 T chopped/slivered roasted almonds or pine nuts
2 T grated parmesan
Traeger Salmon Shake rub
1. Preheat the Traeger to 300 degrees. Recommended pellets: alder (but any kind will work)
2. Steam the spinach. Press out the excess water and chop.
3. Add pesto, tomatoes, almonds/pine nuts, and parm and mix well.
4. Cut the filet into 4-inch chunks and carefully slice a pocket in each.
5. Fill each pocket with the stuffing.
6. Sprinkle with Salmon Shake and cook in Traeger at 300 degrees for about 20-22 minutes (15 minutes for thinner filets).
When serving, we like to drizzle the filet with blueberry or raspberry chipotle sauce. It really adds a wonderful flavor to the dish. We order it online or purchase in many grocery stores. You can sometimes get the raspberry variety at Costco.