One of my favorite sides. Please don’t confuse this with the stuff that comes in cans. This is made with real cream and is an outstanding side dish. I got this recipe from my amigo Mike Lopez. I adjusted the quantities so that it works with a pint of cream.
2 T butter
2 T flour
2/3 t salt
2 C cream
2.5-3 T sugar
4 C corn
1. Melt butter in heavy saucepan.
2. Add flour and salt, stirring to blend.
3. Slowly add whipping cream, stirring constantly until thickened.
4. Add sugar and corn, heat.
5. For Au Gratin creamed corn, place corn in a 9 or 10 inch shallow casserole dish.
6. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese and brown under broiler at 450-500 degrees.
Original Recipe is here.